Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Non-Touristy restaurants

I have already done a search but no specifics come up- any recommendations for a non-touristy restaurant with lots of atmosphere-we don%26#39;t want to be surrounded by a ton of Americans- thinking of Natacha(14e) and Le 3 in the Marais. Any ideas- end of August is our date! Thanks in advance for any advice!:)




|||



Frommer%26#39;s puts had a travel guide called \%26quot;Paris starting at $90 a Day.%26quot; I%26#39;ve tried maybe a half a dozen of their recommendations and haven%26#39;t been disappointed yet. And, despite the fact that the places are listed in a travel guide, often my husband and I are the only tourists in the place. I highly recommend picking it up.




|||



Well if they get posted here then they will become %26quot; touristy%26quot; restaurants now won%26#39;t they! LOL



Just try wandering a neighborhood and going into a restaurant that does NOT have a english menu posted outside!



Good luck!




|||



I was going to suggest %26quot;le 3%26quot; in the Marais but apparently you%26#39;ve had an American experience there. I have only heard english spoken in %26quot;le 3%26quot; once in more than a year and it was with a very pleasant and amiable New Yorker at the table next to us back in May (I think). We eat lunch or dinner there 4 or 5 times a month so I%26#39;m a bit surprised.





Other possibilities:





%26quot;Melac%26quot; in the 11th, 42 rue Leon Frot. I love the restaurant and the wine and the owners and the potatoes and the plat du jour any day.





%26quot;l%26#39;Industrie%26quot; just north of Bastille. 16 %26amp; 17 rue St. Sabin. GREAT sauces and a very affordable lunch (but you have to ask for the %26quot;carte formule%26quot;.





For dinner, %26quot;Au petit theatre%26quot; at 15 Place du Marche Saint-Honore is excellent.





The best lunch salads we know of are to be found at %26quot;le Cactus%26quot; at 28 rue des Archives in the Marais.




|||



Maybe I was misunderstood- i was thinking of Le 3 as a non-touristy place-I have never been and have only read about it. I want to try it. Has anyone been to Natacha in the 14e?




|||



My apologies. It was me that misunderstood.




|||



Where will you by staying in Paris?




|||



Hotel la Perle in the 6e- one of the few boutique hotels that have a/c and don%26#39;t allow pets! Do you have any other suggestions or advice?




|||



search for the Fetes galantes, rue de ecoles, small, nice and tasty

No comments:

Post a Comment