Monday, April 23, 2012

Thanks for Paris Ideas

Bonjour,





This is my first post to the Paris Forum. Merci to all for the great ideas on travel to Paris. My husband and I will go to Paris in early November 2005 to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary (which was actually in June). It will be our first trip there -- and many people tell us that we will fall in love with that beautiful city. We can%26#39;t wait. We have our accomodation (a home stay in the 4th) and our airline tickets (Air France).





We like to travel when it%26#39;s cool (no lines, no crowds). Rain doesn%26#39;t bother us. We also don%26#39;t like a firm itinerary. We%26#39;ll be in Paris for 5 nights. Must see sites are the Tour Eiffel, Arc de Triomph, Louvre and Notre Dame. We%26#39;ll choose a neighborhood a day, walk around and see other sites -- some totally unexpected, I%26#39;m sure -- along the way. This is how we choose restaurants, too.





Anyway, I hope to participate more fully on the forum, especially after our trip when I might be able to be of help to others. In the meantime, merci again for all your help!




|||



Yay! Staying the 4th is great - great location. I%26#39;m glad you found this forum. I found it %26#39;after%26#39; my trip to Paris. Before that I thought it was only for hotel ratings. Have a chocolate crepe for me. They are purchased on the street. Chocolate and banana is good to. mmMMMMmm. If you are like me and love chocolate, you will enjoy the many chocolatiers in Paris. They have their own little shops and make their own chocolate and it is wonderfully delicious. I%26#39;m like you and don%26#39;t mind the cold or a little rain. I went in October and it only rained a tiny bit. I actually liked watching the sun come back out and taking photos in different light conditions. If the leaves on the trees are still in their autumn colours then you might really like the Jardin du Luxembourg in St-Germain-des-Pres.




|||



Hi... here are a couple of great websites about %26quot;le Marais%26quot;, which is part of the areas of the 3rd and 4th arrondissements...





http://www.parismarais.com/





http://www.parislemarais.com/





Happy 25th Anniversary..!




|||



Sky057, thanks for the tip about chocolate crepes from street vendors. We love chocolate and crepes -- and it%26#39;s a very good thing we like to walk whenever possible! I heard that Paris has wonderful chocolate shops. My favorite food, however, is cheese, especially goat cheese (hard and soft). I%26#39;m trying to learn more about French cheeses so I can purchase some of the more unusual kinds while in Paris to take home.





Travelnutty, I took a quick look at the web site. It looks very helpful. I%26#39;ll spend more time with it this weekend. Thanks for sharing.




|||



Congratulations on your anniversary!





please consider adding St. Chappelle to your must sees. It%26#39;s on Ile de la Cite very close to Notre Dame and is breathtaking.




|||



Hi Grenache





We were in Paris last November and it was great. Mostly no lines, only about 10 minute wait at the Eiffel Tower but well worth it. The weather was wonderfully crisp, only had one day that was really cold and windy and just a wee bit rain. We too like the off peak times but we will be experiencing Paris in September this year so we will see the comparison. Enjoy every minute of your trip - you will I am sure also become a Paris addict like the rest of us. There is just something really special about Paree%26#39; - the architecture, the culture, the beauty of everything, and of course the food. I am just about jumping out of my skin til September - can%26#39;t wait to be there again. Enjoy!!




|||



Hi JustGrace and jojo,





Thanks for your suggestions. JustGrace, we%26#39;ll definitely add St. Chappelle to the list. I heard the stained glass windows are spectacular. Jojo, have a wonderful return trip to Paris! Please be sure to post a review of your trip. The reviews are very helpful to those of us who are planning vacations.

No comments:

Post a Comment