Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Caen Museum question

I am trying to find out if there are long lines to purchase tickets at the Caen Memorial Museum. I can save a few dollars with my teacher discount, but I will gladly skip the discount if there is a long line. My travel agent said that she can get me tickets in advance but at the regular admission price. The visit would be at about 12:30 to 1:00 on a Friday...Thanks to all replies. Anita




|||



The lines to purchase tickets are not long, less than five minutes. I was at the museum twice, in June 2000 and in August 2003. It is a well-designed museum with many thought-provoking exhibits--don%26#39;t miss it.




|||



Following a visit to the Normandy sites and



the American Cemeteryin September 2003,



I visited the WWII Memorial Museum at Caen.





There was hardly any wait and I found



the Museum facinating. The gift store



was filled with more books on WWII



than I had ever seen. Excellent displays.




|||



Thanks. I think then I will purchase my tickets at the museum directly and save a few bucks...Anita




|||



If you%26#39;re really London-bound, the Imperial War Museum in South London has what we consider the most effective Holocaust exhibit of the three that we%26#39;ve visited. These include The Caen Memorial and The Holocaust Museum in Washington, DC. The IWM is well worth seeing if you can manage to go while you%26#39;re in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment