Monday, April 23, 2012

Berthillon in August?

I read that Berthillon closes down for the whole month of August! Is this true? We are arriving on Tuesday and I have been looking forward to a Berthillon banana split since I last had one 5 years ago!




|||



Lots of the cafes on Ile Saint Louis (eg Les Flores next to Pont St Loius) are open in August and have Berthillon ices.



I understand Berthillon is closed in July and August.




|||



Yup, I was there in early July and the sign on Berthillon%26#39;s door said they would close from mid July to end August. But, as above, nearly every cafe on Ile-St-Louis and others near Notre Dame sell the Berthillon brand icecream.




|||



ranlynmas,





Do not fret ! As has been mentioned,



THE Berthillon Store will be closed



but a number of cafes will have it



waiting for you. Just look for



the sign in front of the cafe with



the Berthillon name on it.





You might try the sorbet at some



point. I can vouch for it; I had



27 servings in 2003 when I



was there for a month (after



having discovered it in 2000



and rediscovered it in 2001



and 2002).





Enjoy (I did !)




|||



Hmmm. I was on Ile St Louis yesterday, and the Berthillon store was open. Maybe just on the weekends? There is a book titled something like, %26quot;One Thousand Things To Do Before You Die%26quot; and eating this ice cream is on the list. It%26#39;s not my favorite ice cream in Paris but I think just being on the island and strolling along eating it there is what makes it so special-that, and its intense flavors. Don%26#39;t let children eat the chocolate ice cream there after 8 PM or they will still be up and wide awake long into the night.




|||



lpennin104,





We are not talking about ice cream,



we are talking about Berthillon SORBET !

No comments:

Post a Comment