Wednesday, April 25, 2012

For Deny's - Re: Le Grand Colbert

Deny,





You seem to be one of the only people who has had the dining experience at LeGrand Colbert. (I loved the photo you shared on this forum) ...





Can you give me a little more info on the restaurant? Do you know if they have a web-site? I%26#39;m curious about the menu offerings .....





I will definitely make a reservation, as it is one of the restaurants that I most want to visit while in Paris.





Any info, recommendation you can give me will be greatly appreciated.





Thank You!




|||



Le Grand Colbert is a very beautiful restaurant that serves very average food.



I have been there 3 times in the past 12 months and the service was very unpredictable. One time you get ignored, one time the waiter flirts with you to the point of being annoying and one time the guests get their dishes at different times after a long wait.



Seafood platters are one of their specialties if you like them and they are spectacular.



Other than that it is typical Brasserie food. They do those dishes the best. If you want adventurous creations, this is not the place to go.



At the beginning of spring I had fresh white asparagus as an appetizer. It was excellent but 18 Euros for 6 asparagus was a little steep IMO.




|||



18 Euros for 6 asparagus? huummmm, well I%26#39;d better do a little more research on this restaurant. Do you know if they have a web-site?

No comments:

Post a Comment