Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Your Parisian Crepe recipe, please!

Now that I%26#39;ve discovered they sell Nutella at my local Safeway, I%26#39;m now in a frenzy to find %26quot;the%26quot; Parisian crepe recipe.....Please help in my search! ;)





If you have a recipe, please post it...I%26#39;d love to make these one day for my daughter and I....





Thanks!




|||



Nutella? I don%26#39;t think I%26#39;m familiar with it? My recipe is pretty simple. I don%26#39;t know if this is a true Parisian crepe --- 1½ cups flour



1T sugar



½ baking powder



½ t salt



2 cups milk



2 eggs



1 t vanilla



2 T melted butter



Mix dry ingredients add milk, eggs, vanilla, Mix it all together. Melt the butter in a small non stick skilet, add it to your mix. Give it one last stir. Take about a ¼ cup and swirll it around the pan, make sure the pan doesn%26#39;t get too hot. When it is set in the middle flip and viola! One crepe. I can%26#39;t make these fast enough when I make them! My kids roll them up and gobble! They are best when they are thin-but I cheat sometimes and make them a little fuller so as to fill the hollow legs my children have ( when I make these) faster. My mother says the only way to eat a crepe is with strawberries and cream. Have fun!




|||



Nutella is a hazelnut chocolate spread. Very tasty.




|||



Moonwhisper....I%26#39;m assuming that%26#39;s 1/2 tsp baking powder?? And is that whole milk or 2%?





Thanks! The next few pounds I add to this butt is all because of you!




|||



if you do a search on %26quot;crepe recipe%26quot; Anne from Paris posted her recipe....




|||



Canuck, yes a teaspoon baking soda. I%26#39;ll have to look for some Nutella, sounds too yummy! Enjoy!




|||



Sorry I%26#39;ll use what I have on hand, whole milk or 2%. I don%26#39;t think that there is much difference in taste. Oh and to anyone who hasn%26#39;t made them, the batter should be slightly runny.




|||



I%26#39;m not a great cook and was the same way when I came back from Paris. Gotta have crepes. Posted the same thing and someone mentioned the nutella (which I have in my local grocer) I had seen it in the Paris cafe but I thought my crepe was chocolate that I had eaten. I had never heard of nutella before. Then someone posted back about a crepe mix from Williams and Sonoma! They are easy to make, you just add water and eggs to the mix and I have been cooking them in a regular skillet - even though I have seen a crepe maker - the skillet does just as well. They turn out out great (not as good as the ones in Paris but these will bring back fond memories)




|||





Clotilde%26#39;s recipe is also worth looking at...







chocolateandzucchini.com/archives/2005/02/de…




|||



hello



250 g flour



0.5 L milk



2 eggs



1 tablespoon butter



1 tablespoon sugar



NO baking powder...... (it%26#39;s not US pancake !!!)





mix everything... wait 1 or 2 hours.





do them very thin.





After : I like nutella (but not good for diet) or just sugar





Good luck



Julie




|||



Yes i agree, no baking powder or it will look like a thick pancake, not like a crepe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment