Monday, April 23, 2012

Cheap Accomodations ... Youth Hostels?

Completely destitute student, going to be in Europe in August. Wondering where a cheap place to stay a night or two in Paris would be? Any suggestions would be great! =)




|||



Try a hostel. I don%26#39;t know what to recommend. Instead, I just want to warn you NOT to stay at Young and Happy Hostel. You should do a search on Young and Happy and read all the reviews on it. I booked my stay there for 5 nights, but ended up staying only 2 nights. It%26#39;s the most aweful place I%26#39;ve ever stayed at. Rude customer service, dirty, strict, and will definitely ruin your trip.




|||



..look this up on the Lonely Planet site. There is a board there called the thorn tree. You can ask this question if you don%26#39;t find the info that you need on the site.




|||



tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g187147-c3-Paris_Ile_…





This very website has listings for Hostels, and consumer reviews....




|||



Among hotels in Paris, I know a very clean place that I found really cheap for Paris: Hotel Paris Bercy, a 1-star hotel in the 12th, very good linked by 2 metro lines..nice guys...



http://www.paris-bercy-hotel.com



Hope it can help!




|||



I%26#39;m also a completely broke student (cheers to traveling!), and I stayed for a weekend in Paris last October. Even the youth hostels are rather expensive in Paris. Are you going with others, or alone? Unfortunately, I can%26#39;t help with finding a place if you%26#39;re going solo, but if you have 3 or more persons traveling with you, the Hotel Basfroi was inexpensive and one of the better budget hotels I went to in Europe.





If you%26#39;re traveling solo, I%26#39;d suggest going to %26lt;a href=%26quot;http://www.bootsnall.com%26quot;%26gt;bootsnall.com%26lt;/a%26gt; to check availability and prices on hostels and busget hotels.




|||



tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d310627…





My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Bonsejour in a double for 32 Euro a night last year. Granted, the bathroom was down the hall and it%26#39;s a 6 story walk-up - but it really is very charming and you can%26#39;t beat the price. I think the reviews of it on this site are very fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment