Monday, April 23, 2012

BEWARE Musee D'Orsay tourists - pickpockets

Heed the warnings about pickpockets! Had my wallet lifted from my closed and tightly held handbag without feeling a thing. It happened outside the Musee D%26#39;Orsay. Best to carry small amounts of cash, and leave most of it in the hotel safe - along with a spare credit card. Don%26#39;t bother reporting it to the police unless you absolutely need to the report for some reason. They roll their eyes and talk disparagingly about you (and I understand French!)




|||



I had my wallet lifted at the Assemblee Nationale metro station , went to the commissariat and was there an hour and half with probably the nicest cop I%26#39;ve ever met, he even let me use the police line to call all the creditcard company to cancel my cards, i was told that the chances of ever finding it were slim at best but I left with a temporary driver licence and a full report of the theft so some souvenir that most people don%26#39;t have. But I%26#39;m french-canadian so that probably help.




|||



Sorry to hear about your incident. That would make me really mad if someone stole my wallet. On my trip to Paris, I plan on having a %26quot;fake%26quot; wallet visible in my back pocket for a pick pocketer to steal. Inside the wallet, I%26#39;ll have fake money smeared with dog poop.




|||



uhmm... Willie? do you really want to wander around smelling of dog $*** all day waiting for someone to steal it? Might be counter productive to meeting those ladies you asked advice about.




|||



That%26#39;s a good point. I can%26#39;t believe how stupid I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment