Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Nervous about the Sofitel Paris Port de

Can any one tell me more about this Hotel? Is it as bad as it all seems? I just booked with priceline and now I%26#39;m thinking I should have a back up plan. I am interested in other opinions




|||



The name of your hotel does not appear in the message.



Any address that has Porte.... in it is too far from the center just to start to clue you in.




|||



Sofitel hotels are very nice hotels. It%26#39;s a French company and I%26#39;ve always encountered nice French workers at the Sofitel hotels I%26#39;ve been too. I see that the reviews are mediocre here on Tripadvisor but keep in mind that many of these reviewers are a bunch of picky spoiled rich brats. Sometimes I wish I could slap these reviewers! And send them to Africa so they can really see how good their lives are!!! Ok, sorry....I was getting carried away. One of the criticisms of a reviewer was that the location was a little on the edge of town. If the location is not desirable for you it would be your fault because when you pick a hotel at Priceline.com, you can pick the hotel location. If this particular Sofitel in Paris is on the shabby side and you didn%26#39;t pay a lot of money for it, then it%26#39;s still a good deal.





One reviewer said that the carpet wasn%26#39;t perfect but the room was clean and fine and that he would stay there again. A perfect carpet isn%26#39;t going to improve your vacation very much and if you got a good rate at a Sofitel hotel, to me that%26#39;s wonderful.




|||



Thank you very much for your clear head and rational thinking. Yes you are very right ...I got a great deal and I can make the most of anything. I will be traveling alone and this will be my first time there. Thank you again you made me feel better




|||



Sofitel Hotel porte de versailles maybe ? It%26#39;s not too central, asbeing close to the main Paris exhibition center, but it%26#39;s a matter of say 15 mins. metro ride to go to the main attractions.





The hotel itself is modern and comfortable. Altho i%26#39;ve never slept there, I happen to have some meetings quite frequently at their restaurant.





It%26#39;s not bad at all.




|||



Porte de Sevres.





/http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k8595-l1312580-Sofitel_Paris_Porte_de_S_vres_surrounding_area-Paris_Ile_de_France.html#1312580







What do you need to know that wasn%26#39;t answered in the other thread?






|||



No one likes a smart Alec!!




|||



Willie3, where in Philly are you from? I love your posts... :)




|||



Thank you for your kind words. Actually I live near you in Downingtown. I used to live in Philly(West Philly and Center City when I was a little kid).





I use Philadelphia as my location because it%26#39;s the closest big city that people know world wide and it%26#39;s only an hour drive from here. Also, I%26#39;m always in Philly on the weekends at my favorite spots(one of them is a French cafe owned by a French chef. -Carabou Cafe)

No comments:

Post a Comment