Monday, April 23, 2012

Photoblogs of Paris

A different view from Paris:


I love these photos:



http://parisdailyphoto.blogspot.com/



http://zohiloff.typepad.com/grand_magasin/




|||



That Zohiloff one is unusual isn%26#39;t it?





Do you suppose those people knew they were being photographed?





I looked for myself on the dates I was in Paris, but alas, she didn%26#39;t catch me!





The blog would form useful photographic answers to several perennial TA questions, namely:





What is everyone wearing in Paris?





How crowded/clean/safe is the metro? and





What%26#39;s the weather like? (Answered by taking note of what people wear by month of the year!)




|||



thanks, I enjoyed the photos. I wonder where that swimming pool is. it looks really nice.




|||



parisdailyphoto is one of my most anticipated stops during my internet time. Eric seems like such a nice and genuine guy (not your typical %26#39;rude%26#39; Parisian!) ;-))





Again, a site that I never would have known had it not been for this site.





Thanks, TA!




|||



Did anyone notice that with a few exceptions during end of end of June, some of July and some of August. It seemed that most people (in the 05 shots) had on some type of coat? I know that some of them were men wearing some kind of suit coat. But still the dates seemed a little off. Or does it not get %26quot;HOT%26quot;. Remember I live in New Mexico so when I think HOT it%26#39;s 100 something! I%26#39;m going for most of mid September and really hope I%26#39;ll be able to enjoy that nice coat wearing weather. Randy, anyone eles that has been during September, am I going to need my coat? Thanks!




|||



%26gt; It seemed that most people (in the 05 shots) had on some type of coat?





I can%26#39;t find any with coats? Which pics?




|||



Suzanne,



the pool is Aquaboulevard I think.



You will find the exact address in Pariscope (a must to buy upon arrival - 40 cents)




|||



ptegan, they were in June,some of July, and only in two or three of the August pictures. I was looking in the zohilloff site. If people weren%26#39;t wearing coats (defidently in June) some had on long sleves. The August pictures seemed to be a few repeats. Then mostly tank tops and t-shirts. Anyway I%26#39;m leaning more toward bringing my coat in September.




|||



Moonwisper





My trip to Paris was from 25 June to 5 July so I%26#39;ll offer you my opinion about the coats.





I don%26#39;t know why there are so many!! It was mostly hot. By hot I mean low thirties (sorry, you%26#39;ll have to convert for Paris soon anyway) and although this doesn%26#39;t sound extremely hot the high humidity made it very sticky and on some nights it didn%26#39;t drop below mid twenties.





However, on two days we had sudden storms, grey skies, wind and I was quite cold - for the morning - then the sun shone brilliantly in the afternoon.





So the upshot? Take your lightweight coat but take summer clothes too. It is true what they say about Paris%26#39; changeable weather.





Use one of those weather web sites too to get the norms for September, as I believe the weather is less changeable by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment