Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tours of Paris

I am visiting Paris in September for a whole week. I%26#39;ve been reading up, and some travel books suggest an %26quot;orientation%26quot; tour--about a 2 hour tour of the city by bus. Both Paris Vision and Cityrama offer this.





Even though I would like to get an intro to the city (I%26#39;ve never been), is this worth it? Or should I just make my way around the city at my own pace, and see all the attractions a little more in depth? Since I%26#39;m not in a rush, I was looking for a longer tour, but I don%26#39;t see any that don%26#39;t involve an extended trip to a museum--they all seemed aimed at the %26quot;Paris in 24 hours%26quot; crowd.





I would be happy to just walk around, but this might be a problem because I%26#39;ll be with my father who has a bad knee, and he can%26#39;t really walk more than a mile without needing a serious break.





Also (this post is getting long), has anybody taken a Segway tour? I thought it looked fun.




|||



Instead of the orientation tour you could consider the %26quot;Hop on Hop Off%26quot; tour called L%26#39;Open Tour for the first two days - it stops at all the %26quot;Major Tourist%26quot; attractions. Their website is : http://www.paris-opentour.com/index_eng.htm.





After getting your bearings with this tour, you could try the buses or metro since week long passes on the open tour would get sort of pricy.




|||



Thanks! It looks like a good idea.




|||



The main tour even stops at my hotel! (I will be near Place Saint Michel.)




|||



Also, there%26#39;s a number of walking tours (You can walk right across Paris in about and hour or two). Check out



jack-travel.com/Paris/ParisHtml/paris_visit_…



for more info, also …compuserve.com/homepages/pariswalking





http://troi.cc.rochester.edu/~tdip/tomsguidetoparis.htm



has some really great suggestions and info.





If you do a search on this site you%26#39;ll get lots of responses about the Segway tours.





Also, buy a 3 or 5 day museum pass http://www.museumpass.com/ allows you to print off a voucher that you exchange in Paris - for no additional charges.





www.vedettesdupontneuf.com/va/circuit.htm will give you a E2 discount for river cruises - if you%26#39;re there for a week print off a few





Have a great time - and please post a report.





Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment