Tuesday, March 27, 2012

3-4 star hotel in Marais, Notre Dame or St Paul area

Hi, I%26#39;m going to Paris in late October and would like some recommendations for a 3-4 star hotel in the Marais area, anywhere inbetween Hotel de Ville and Bastille. I%26#39;ll be travelling with my husband and son (under 2) I lived in Paris for many years so I know the neighborhoods very well, but its been a while since I%26#39;ve been so am not up to date on the hotels or the prices. I%26#39;d also like some good restaurant/food recommendations for that area, for example are the following places still in the Marais, L%26#39;Elephant, Les Fous d%26#39;en Face, Le Gamin de Paris, L%26#39;as du Falafel ?




|||



I have heard that Hotel De Nice is nice -- and also I stayed at Hotel de la Bretonnerie a coupld of years ago -- very clean, small rooms, nice people and inexpensive.




|||



Hi!





i saw a hotel that would hopefully be perfect for you yesterday at this website....





www.unusualhotelsoftheworld.com





it looks ot be really quite something, and i want to stay there myself (if only my fella would take the hint, take me there and propose, i do love paris!)





the hotel is %26quot;hotel saint-merry%26quot; and it is a converted prestbetery of the neighbouring saint-merry church... check it out, and let me know if you go, i%26#39;m dying to find out what it%26#39;s like!




|||



Try using www.parishotels.com and www.france-hotel-guide.com by that particular area...



then, check your choices on the Tripadvisor reviews. Then, post here for your top %26quot;3%26quot; and get additional feedback.




|||



Dear Fox12:





In the past I%26#39;ve stayed at the Caron de Beaumarchais, which would be closer to the Hotel de Ville than to the Bastille. It is also a short walk from there to Mariage Freres, the oldest tea house in Paris, and a great place for lunch or afternoon tea. On the same street as Mariage Freres (Rue Bourg Tibourg) is the restaurant Au Tibourg, which I really liked. It%26#39;s been awhile since I stayed at the Caron de B.-, and not all of the reviews are now favorable. The rooms, as I recall, were small, which is not unusual in Paris, but charming and spotless. I always stayed in rooms at the back, so they were extremely quiet. The breakfasts were very tasty and served in a lovely cave.





Bon chance and bon voyage!




|||



Hotel Saint Merry is a good idea, very well-located, in le Marais, very clean, comfortable, nice staff..



http://www.hotel-saintmerry.com



You can see pictures of the hotel, a very Parisian style...you feel the French taste!



Have a good trip!




|||



Thanks Travel Nutty %26amp; everyone else. I know all these hotels, and they are all in great locations. I love this area of Paris, and miss it dearly. Lived there for 8 years, and haven%26#39;t been back since 98. Will keep you all posted on our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment