Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Anthony Bourdain Travel Channel Show in Paris/Absinthe

Sorry if I missed this covered already, but did anyone see the new No Reservation show with Anthony Bourdain last night? It was the show premiere and he was in Paris. Best part was when he tried absinthe. And they tried %26#39;showing%26#39; the effects on him. He was having alot of hallucinations.



(hmm, when I tried absinthe last week I should%26#39;ve had more then 3 sips... as I didn%26#39;t have any hallucinations!) ;-)




|||



Hey Holly,



Yes, I saw that show yesterday. It was a very interesting show, esp on the part of the show which had the absinthe. Some of the scenery (and weather) remided us of our trip to Paris. It was just fun and a trip to remember! Interesting also about that rat store and the meat market...




|||



Hi! Yeah, I had to skip over the meat market part..



But the rest of it that I saw was quite interesting. And I liked when he was in the %26#39;hidden away treat%26#39; of a restaurant. And they took him down to the wine cellar and he got %26quot;lost%26quot; in the catacombs. Good show. Nice to see another travel show thats %26quot;laid back%26quot; and has a unique spin.



By the way, nice to chat with you again amcsocal.. I haven%26#39;t been on the LA board since last month-- which was before my last trip to London(/Paris).




|||



I watched it last night as well and thought it was pretty interesting. I love Bourdain%26#39;s books as well as %26quot;A Cook%26#39;s Tour%26quot; on the Food Network, so I%26#39;ve been waiting for this show to premiere.





Holly, it%26#39;s funny you should mention the meat market. After watching that segment, my boyfriend actually got excited about going to Paris in October. That was the first time he%26#39;s actually expressed excitement.





Though I put the kibosh on a trip to the market pretty quick. :)




|||



Keels, your boyfriend must definitely be a carnivore! ;-)



At least that got him excited about the trip!



Yeah, its a little tough being a vegetarian in Paris. I ate alot of bread, cheese, and omelettes!



Actually, before I became a vegetarian I was living with my French boyfriend. And he was definitely a %26quot;meat %26amp; potatoes%26quot; boy. It wasn%26#39;t a meal unless there was meat. He%26#39;d bring home bratwursts to put on his fancy new grill (and I%26#39;d feed mine to my dog). lol.




|||



Holly how much absinthe did he have before he started having hallucinations?




|||



Holly -- he%26#39;s worse than a carnivore, he%26#39;s a Texan! :)





He%26#39;ll eat anything ... from steak to game to tripe to barbicoa to you name it. Anything. If he hasn%26#39;t had it before, he%26#39;ll sure try it. Which is a good thing, I guess. And probably why he really identified with the show.





I%26#39;m not a vegetarian, but I am pretty picky about what I eat. But I figure I%26#39;ll be able to find plenty of places that serve escargot or oysters.





P.S. -- I loved looking through your travel photos. You looked like you had such a great time!




|||



Englishrose -- he had once glass of the %26quot;regular%26quot; stuff and then nine glasses of the %26quot;old%26quot; stuff. And by old, it was the illegal stuff.





He did go back and have his hallucinations at his hotel room at L%26#39;Hotel. Oscar Wilde%26#39;s room, to be precise.




|||



9 glasses?!




|||



He said after eight or nine glasses ...





He almost got sick in his cab on the way back to his hotel!





Bourdain is pretty hardcore, though. He makes a point to seek out the most dangerous thing in any location he is in.




|||



Yeah, I liked his %26#39;hallucination%26#39; when he went for a swim and he thought he was in a frying pan instead. lol... good stuff.





Keels, thanks about the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment