Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bead shops in Paris

Hi all, can anyone tell me if there are any places in Paris where I can buy some fun, funky, or any type of beads? I like to make bracelets and necklaces, and it would make a great souvenir to make one from beads I found in Paris. (Also, could you tell me the nearest Metro stop so I can plan on how to get there?) Thanks!




|||



rue du Temple in the Marais is all about these specialty shops. Beads, leather and accessories are the primary retail fare. To the north, Metro: Temple, from the south, Metro: Hotel de Ville.





Many of the streets between rue du Temple and rue Beaubourg are teeming with specialty shops that you might be interested in.




|||



Wonderful...thanks so much! :)




|||



THere is a chain of shops called %26#39;Loisirs et Création%26#39; which does has a good bead/jewellry section. THey have a branch in the Carousel de Louvre shopping centre - unsurprisingly this is next to the Louvre museum but underground, they also have a branch at Bercy Village.





A famous place for beads and needlework type stuff is the La Droguerie on rue du Jour near Saint Eustache in the first - however there are usually long queues and the assitants tend to be a bit sharp with you as they are under a lot of pressure.





A smaller place I often pop into is between Madelaine and Opéra Godot de Mauroy. Happy rummaging !




|||



Sorry my last line makes no sense, I can%26#39;t recall the name of the shop but it is on rue Godot de Mauroy which is between Madelaine and Opéra, the nearest metro is probably Havre Caumartin as the shop is the rue des Mathurins end of the street. Walking down towards Madelaine it is on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment