Tuesday, March 27, 2012

brugge and amsterdam from paris

Hi All,



We are Paris for ten days in September. We want to visit other countries too. What is the best route to visit both Brugge and Amsterdam for a couple of days? Train? Should we buy one-way tickets and do country hopping? What is the cheapest way to go? How many days will we need to do a quick tour of those two countries? Any help is appreciated!!




|||



You should check the site of Thalys : I am sure they stop in Bruxelles, Anverse, Rotterdam %26amp; Amsterdam. Brugges is not on the same line. Hope this little info can help.




|||



Try sncf or the Belgian Railways site? http://www.b-rail.be/main/E/index.php


It shows a regular Thalys service from Paris Gare du Nord to Bruxelles Midi/Zuid, with a connection there for Bruges/Brugge.


It looks like you%26#39;d need to change in Antwerp to get from Bruges to Amsterdam. There are some direct Thalys services back from Amsterdam to Paris, otherwise you can change in Bruxelles. I don%26#39;t know if there is any advantage in buying a return Paris/Bruxelles then doing single tickets for the sections beyond Bruxelles, but might be worth investigating.


You could check both the Brugge and the Amsterdam boards and ask the other questions.


Enjoy your trip :-)




|||



Hi,





I made that trip but the other way around some years ago, Amsterdam-Brugge-Paris.





I was with a friend that had lived in Amsterdam before so it was her who took care of buying the tickets. But I do remember we bought a ticket from Amsterdam to Brugge and once in Brugge we bought a ticket to Paris.





The train from Brugge to Paris was direct, we didn%26#39;t have to switch trains, but a year later when I made the same trip from Brugge to Paris I was told that non stop train either was not available anynmore or didn%26#39;t go many times a day to Paris, so I had to take another train and switch trains in Brussels, this was not a problem though. It takes around 2:30 hours. You can check the link provided by the previous reviewer.





As for how many days you should stay there, well for me there is not enough days to spend in Brugge, but it all depends how much time you have.





On my first trip I stayed 4 days in Amsterdam (didn%26#39;t have time to see all I wanted, but it was OK) and one night in Brugge (I thought I should have stayed longer there,since it%26#39;s so beautiful,and I did so a year later.





I would say not less than three days in Amsterdam, and at least a couple of days in Brugge, if you can%26#39;t, then one day is better than nothing, but go there you%26#39;ll love it! (in fact I%26#39;m going to Brugge in September as well, I%26#39;m in love with that town).





You might like to take a look to the Brugge forums, or to this page : www.brugge.be





Enjoy your trip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment